My A-Z of Australia – S is for Sydney Royal Easter Show
Unloved and Abandoned Rescue Dogs will become Stars at the Sydney Royal Easter Show
RESCUE DOGS TO ‘WOW’ AUDIENCES AT SUPERCOAT SPECTACULAR
More than 70 dogs and their trainers from the Australian Canine Sports & Training Centre (ACSTC) are set to ‘wow’ audiences at the Sydney’s Royal Easter Show and be the stars in the SUPERCOAT SPECTACULAR.
Amazingly the vast majority of these talented pooches are rescue dogs and from Monday, 14 April they will be spectacularly jumping and splashing into a 100,000 litre pool, playing doggie ‘soccer’ and showing off their trained tricks and K9 stunts.
Ranging from three years old up all these special dogs were originally rescued from shelters and have faced many difficulties ranging from anxiety, high stress and abandonment. One of the ways the ACSTC assist the dogs in overcoming these issues is through sports and bonding through training and harnessing their natural instincts.
Farmer Dave, Trainer and Owner at the ACSTC is thrilled to be working with SUPERCOAT at the Sydney Royal Easter Show. “After months of training we just can’t wait to be able to showcase our dogs and their amazing talents at the Sydney Royal Easter Show. It’s hard to believe that the majority of these now confident and capable dogs are originally rescue animals.”
From Monday 14th April toThursday18th April, and Monday 21st April, the SUPERCOAT SPECTACULAR will be host an amazing display of doggie talents with performances including Dock Dogs, Treiball, K9 FUNgility, Dog High Jump, SUPERCOAT Tricksters and Canine Disk.
WHAT: THE SUPERCOAT SPECTACULAR
WHEN: Monday 14th-Thursday 17th April and Monday 21st April
WHERE: SUPERCOAT Arena, Daily Telegraph Park, Sydney Royal Easter Show
TIMES: Shows (30min duration)
9.45 am – 10.15 am 10.45 am – 11.15 am 11.45 am – 12.15
12.45 pm – 1.15 pm 1.45 pm -2.15pm 2.45pm – 3.15 pm
3.45 pm – 4.15 pm 4.45 pm – 5.15 pm
The SUPERCOAT SPECTACULAR: SHOW HIGHLIGHTS
• Treiball: It’s Sheep Herding without the sheep! Perfect for the inner herder in the inner city. Soccer playing dogs push large coloured balls using their nose and shoulder under the direction of their handler into 6’ goal posts.
• Dock Dogs: Fastest growing dog sport globally is all about fun. See the highest flying dogs in the southern hemisphere explode off a world class 40’ dock and splashdown into a 100,000 litre pool to the roar of excitement.
• K9 FUNgility: Its time to lose the apparatus and bring out the kids! Farmer Dave selects audience members to form a series of agility equipment and test our K9’s through this new challenge.
• The Dog High Jump: Taking an old country classic to new heights with our dogs taking on the vertical challenge of who is Sydney Royal Easter Shows highest flyer.
• Agility: Competing in teams of professional versus rescue dogs with only 6 weeks training this high paced sport proves that with great training and coaching the podium is only a paw away.
• The SUPERCOAT Tricksters: The team at Australian Canine Sports & Training Centre take the audience on a journey of taking K9’s from dumped dogs to Sydney Royal Easter Show Superstars with their array of trained tricks and K9 stunts to show what can be achieved with any dog and their humans.
For more information about the dog activities at the Sydney Royal Easter Show visit: http://www.purina.com.au/show/events-and-activities
Come along with the family and watch these talented pooches in action, remembering that most of them are rescue dogs!
Hopefully this exposure will encourage folks who are looking to add a dog to their family, to give a rescue dog the chance of a new life.